How to Join EBE PTA
- Fill out a Membership sign-up form with your contact information. Did you know that becoming a member does not mean you will be asked to volunteer? Of course we are always looking for volunteers to help with events and programs, but your membership gives you a voice and a vote at PTA meetings. It also allows us to act as an advocate on behalf of you or your family at the state and national level.
- Decide whether you would like to buy an Individual Adult Membership for $14, or a Family Membership (includes 2 Adult Memberships) for $20. Having a Family Membership will also give you discounted admission for Family Nights and PTA Events this year.
- Sign-Up forms are available at school, or you can click here to print out a EBE PTA MEMBERSHIP FORM 2014-15 from home. Please send the completed form and your cash or check payment to school with your child.
Why Join the PTA?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child.
In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for
parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and
teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Members can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
When you become a PTA member, you join more than 145,000 people in Washington State and over 5 million people nationwide who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.